Woburn, MA – Medicinal Genomics and Courtagen Life Sciences announced that they will host the 2nd annual CannMed 2017 Personalized Cannabinoid Medicine Conference to be held on April 9-11 in Boston, MA. The conference will focus on the intersection of clinical application, medical research, cannabis-based therapeutics, cannabis safety and production.
Based on the success of last year’s inaugural conference, CannMed 2017 will include several exciting new developments:
- Conference sessions are extended to two full days.
- Topics are expanded to cover a wider range of clinical areas including cancer, inflammatory disorders, and neurological disorders, as well as cannabis regulations.
- CME credits are available for health care professionals through a partnership with The Answer Page.
The conference will open with a dinner reception on Sunday, April 9th, followed by full day programs on Monday, April 10th and Tuesday, April 11th at the Joseph B. Martin Conference Center at the Harvard School of Medicine. An exciting group of invited speakers representing the medical and research communities will be presenting, including:
- Dr. Raphael Mechoulam, professor of Medicinal Chemistry at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, the research pioneer who discovered the endocannabinoid system and key active components of cannabis.
- Dr. Alexandros Makriyannis, Northeastern University Center for Drug Discovery
- Dr. Sean McAllister, Pharmacologist Transforming Cancer Research to Enable More Precise Therapies and Fully Personalized Cancer Care.
- Dr. Sara Jane Ward, Assistant Professor Center for Substance Abuse Research, Department of Pharmacology of the Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University.
Additional speakers will be announced as the schedule develops. The full program will include talks and posters on a range of topics related the role of the endocannabinoid system in the treatment of various disorders. Presenters from the fields of research, medical practice, and therapeutic development, safety testing, cannabis production, and cannabis regulations are welcome to submit abstracts between December 15th and February 15th for oral or poster presentations.
Registration is currently open for attendees, with early-bird discounts available until January 31. Sponsorship and advertising opportunities have also been expanded for this year’s conference. For information, registration, sponsorships, and abstract submissions for CannMed 2017, please visit http://www.cannmedevents.com/
Medicinal Genomics Corporation applies state-of-the-art life science technology to Cannabis plant genetics. Our products help growers, dispensaries, and safety testing laboratories characterize and understand the quality of medicinal cannabis. Medicinal Genomics utilizes a highly sophisticated Next Generation Sequencing laboratory, bioinformatics system, and DNA based technologies to deliver advanced technical solutions to decipher the genetic code and quality level of medicinal Cannabis. Medicinal Genomics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Courtagen Life Sciences, Inc.
For more information, please visit http://www.medicinalgenomics.com/
Courtagen Life Sciences, Inc., located in Woburn, MA, is a CLIA/CAP certified molecular information company focused on the diagnosis of a range of neurological disorders. Courtagen operates a highly sophisticated Next Generation DNA Sequencing, bioinformatics, and clinical interpretation business. Courtagen’s work helps physicians elucidate the linkages between the genotypes and phenotypes of various neurological diseases and the role of the endocannabinoid receptor system.
For more information, please visit http://www.courtagen.com/